It’s funny how inspiration finds us when we are least expecting. Our team is working hard this week on transitioning another client to our services and we’ve hit a few roadblocks. Unfortunately, the roadblocks are all caused by prior poor management from another company. Sadly, we see this often especially when taking over new accounts. The Facebook/Internet marketing world is full of self-proclaimed professionals and it can be hard to separate the good from the bad especially when you don’t know what to look for in an agency or professional. Here’s a few tips…
- Planning. Before you get started with a new company, review their plan(s) for your accounts. A quality company will provide helpful onboarding information as well as content planning, scheduling and industry reviews of relevant content, hashtags and engagement materials. At Bigar Creative, we provide weekly content to our clients for approval so our branding and marketing strategies are consistent. Remember, you are the client and you have a voice in your marketing plan!
- Advertising. In case you haven’t heard, organic reach on Facebook is dead. The best way to grow your following and increase your business is by advertising on the platform- even for as little as a dollar a day! It’s a huge red flag if a marketing company does not propose the idea of promoting content…walk away!
- Communication. During this most recent client transition, we found out our client didn’t have access to her own Facebook Business Page until recently!! Don’t let anyone tell you it’s their policy to not let you as the business owner have access to owning and managing your page. You have the choice to be as involved as you’d like, but make sure you have 100% ownership and access. Remember, you are hiring them and it’s NOT their page or their business.
- Credentials. Don’t be afraid to ask for their qualifications. Treat it like any other job interview. A good company will be able to provide active links to current accounts they manage. This is the best (and most honest) way to see their work! The Facebook marketing world is always changing so please make sure they are up-to-date on all policies and procedures (especially regarding advertising). Some of the things we’ve seen other companies doing when we take over accounts are not only bad practice, but they could get pages shut down. At Bigar Creative, we’re proud to be members of The Council, lead by Nicholas Kusmich, the world’s highest ROIing FB Ads Strategist.
- Contracts. This is just one way we set ourselves apart at Bigar Creative. Our services are month-to-month because we don’t need to tie people into contracts. We want clients to come back because our work provides the results they desire. We’re happy to say that since opening our doors in 2015, we’re still working with the same valued clients! Having a great relationship with your marketing company is essential. Don’t be tied into a long-term contract with someone you don’t even know. Make them prove themselves to you before you sign off.